Spaghetti Squash Pasta
- Veggie Heaven Sauce or Broccoli Spinach Pesto - see recipes under the Purees, Dressings & Sauces
- 1 spaghetti squash halved and seeded/scraped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil divided
- sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Prep the sauce of choice or use leftovers from a previously made batch. Alternatively you can use store-bought marinara and dress it up with some sautéed veggies!
- Brush spaghetti squash (cut side) with 1 tablespoon of oil and place cut side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Bake for 30 - 40 (time will depend on size) minutes or until the flesh becomes a bit translucent and the skin begins to soften. Be sure not to overcook as it will get too sweet.
- When squash is done remove it from the oven and let it cool for ten minutes, then using a fork scrape the flesh out of the squash into a bowl. Add the remaining olive oil and salt and gently toss to coat. Add sauce of choice, toss so it’s well coated and serve!
Make this pasta your own - add some extra veggies and meat to give it a little extra oomph.