Spiced Carrot Tahini Salad
- 1 lb carrots peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 ½ cups spiced chickpeas (see Spiced Chickpeas recipe)
- ¼ cup parsley coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- ¼ cup creamy tahini dressing (see Creamy Tahini Dressing recipe)
- Prep carrots - we love using the shredder attachment on a food processor. If you don’t have a food processor then use a box grater.
- Place grated carrots in large bowl and toss with the parsley and garbanzo beans. Toss the salad with the dressing until well coated, the amount is up to you. Season with salt and pepper to taste if needed. Sprinkle with the pumpkin seeds and enjoy.
The crunch, the texture, the flavor... we LOVE this recipe. It’s so simple yet so satisfying, and the creamy tahini dressing is a staple we recommend keeping on hand, so it’s super simple. Did you know orange & yellow veggies are extremely protective against cardiovascular disease? The more you know. Make ahead tip: Prep the salad (carrots and parsley) and mix with dressing, garbanzo beans and pistachios when ready to eat. Keep a double batch of those chickpeas on hand!