Spiced Sweet Potato Truffles
- 1 sweet potato washed, dried and pierced with a fork (skin on)
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 6 medjool dates pitted
- ½ cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 tbsp organic coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa or raw cacao powder, + extra for garnish
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon + extra for garnish
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F and bake sweet potatoes directly on rack of oven. Bake until very soft and they start to ooze a bit, about 30-40 minutes. Allow sweet potatoes to cool completely. You can do this a day in advance and store in the refrigerator!
- Cut the sweet potatoes into large pieces, we do not remove peel but if you prefer to do so! In a high speed blender or food processor, blend the sweet potatoes walnuts, dates, oats, coconut oil, cocoa powder, cinnamon, vanilla and sea salt until the mixture is combined and similar to a dough.
- Divide the mixture into 12 portions and roll each your hands packing to form a ball - this will not work unless the dough is completely cooled, you may want to refrigerate for 15 minutes. Chill in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes until cool. Garnish after they have cooled - we love a mixture of cinnamon and cocoa powder.
These can double as a fancy dessert or an energy bite! Makes 12