Spicy Sweet Potato Chips
- 2 sweet potatoes medium, scrubbed and dried well (orange flesh ‘yams’ work best here)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400° F and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- It’s imperative the potatoes are completely dry after washing, you may want to air dry for a bit. Cut the potatoes in very thin slices - this is easiest using a mandoline if you have one.
- In a large bowl, add the potato slices and drizzle with oil, mix to coat well. Add the spices, salt and pepper and toss to coat.
- Place in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets. Bake until lightly browned and crisp, about 20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Because your’e going to need something to eat with all those dips, right? Sweet potato chips take those carb-y cravings and obliterate them to non-existence. You can feel really good about these crispy, flavorful snacks. You can make these ahead and store in a sealed bag, but we’ve never had leftovers.. They disappear.