Spinach, Chive, and Pistachio Pesto
- 2 cups fresh spinach (or other favorite dark, leafy green)
- 1 bunch chives
- 1 garlic clove peeled
- ⅓ cup pistachios toasted is ideal!
- ½ lemon juiced
- ½ tsp grain sea salt
- ¼ tsp red pepper flake
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a food processor or high speed blender, combine the spinach, chives, garlic, pistachios, lemon juice, salt and red pepper flake until well combined.
- Slowly pour the olive oil while processing/blending, stopping as you go to scrape the sides a few times. Blend until smooth and thoroughly combined. Store in an air-tight container.
A versatile sauce or fresh dip, this is a good one to play around with - try switching out the nuts, greens or seasonings to make it your own. We love this especially over grain bowls but also over roasted veggies, ‘zoodles’, spaghetti squash noodles, and seafood. Make ahead tip: Make in advance and store in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for months.