Strawberry Breakfast Cookies
- 1 cup pitted dates about 5 oz.
- 1 large ripe banana peeled
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 cups fresh strawberries finely chopped
- 2 ½ cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 5 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ cup pecans (or favorite nut/seed, optional)
- ½ tbsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place dates and banana in a food processor and pulse until dates are very finely diced.
- In a large bowl, stir together date mixture, applesauce, coconut oil and honey until well combined. Add strawberries and gently stir.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the remaining dry ingredients. Add dry mixture to wet mixture and stir until well combined.
- Form batter into 2” balls, place onto prepared baking sheet and pat down to about ½” thickness. If desired, use your fingers to form cookies into a square shape.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until cookie bottoms are golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely; they will firm up as they cool.
Cookies keep best when stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. You can even break up into pieces and serve with your favorite nut, seed or rice milk as a granola!