Strawberry Mint Smoothie
- 1 cup dark leafy greens of your choice
- ¼ cup fresh mint leaves loosely packed
- 1 cup non-dairy milk of your choice
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- ½ cup zucchini chopped, frozen
- 1 tbsp flax or chia seeds
- 1 date pitted
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ avocado pitted
- Blend greens, mint and milk until no small bits remain.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the avocado and blend until creamy. Add additional milk or water if needed to thin to your desired consistency.
- Once well blended, add the avocado and blend until just incorporated.
- If using protein powder or seed mix, add at the very end (you don’t want to overblend protein powder).
This is a classic smoothie - bright, refreshing, and low in sugar. The mint is wonderful to support a happy belly. We love this one extra cold best with frozen strawberries and zucchini!