Sun-Dried Tomato Dip
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked overnight
- 8 oz olive oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes drained, oil reserved
- 1 lemon juiced
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves loosely packed
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp salt
- water to thin
- drizzle extra-virgin olive oil
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Rinse and drain the soaked cashews. Add the cashews, drained sun dried tomatoes, 4 tablespoons of the reserved sun dried tomato olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, basil, paprika, cumin and salt to a high speed blender or food processor and process until well combined, scraping down the sides as needed.
- Add a tablespoon of warm water to thin and smooth out as needed.
- Taste, adding more lemon juice or salt as needed.
- Serve in a bowl drizzled with olive oil and some cracked pepper.
- Enjoy this delicious spread on everything from veggies to Paleo Bread to Garlic Crackers to Socca to a side for roasted chicken.
Make ahead tip: Have this ready in advance to impress yourself and guests - lasts well in the fridge for up to 6 days! Makes: 2 cups