Sweet Potato + Lentil Chili – Slow Cooker
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- 4 cups broth
- 1 large yellow or white onion diced
- 2 large sweet potatoes scrubbed and cubed
- 4 medium carrots scrubbed and sliced
- 1 jalapeno seeded and minced
- 1 ½ cups French (green) lentils
- sea salt to taste
- Add all the spices, tomatoes and broth to the slow cooker and whisk well. Add in the remaining ingredients (except for salt) and stir until well combined. Make sure to use French lentils. Red and brown lentils will turn to mush!
- Cover and cook at low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and enjoy!
We take chili pretty seriously at Prescribe Nutrition. It’s a meal everyone can enjoy, and every dietary style should be able to enjoy. Think vegetarian chili isn’t flavorful? Think again. This dish doesn’t even need a side accompaniment, but we love it served with greens. Make ahead tip: This stores great in the fridge for 4-5 days, and freezes very well.