Sweet Potato Muffins
- 7 dates pitted
- 1 small sweet potato, ¾ cup cooked & mashed (leave skin on)
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- ⅓ cup coconut oil melted
- 5 organic eggs room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp pure maple syrup
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground clove
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- nut butter optional
- Preheat oven to 350° F and line a 12 cup muffin pan with liners (or grease with coconut oil).
- Add dates, sweet potato, coconut milk, coconut oil, eggs, vanilla extract, and maple syrup in the bowl of a food processor and process until very smooth.
- In a small bowl whisk together the coconut flour, spices, salt, and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in the bowl of food processor, pulsing as you go, being careful not to overmix. The batter will be very thick, but this is okay!
- Scoop batter evenly into the muffin pan and smooth them out with the back of a spoon or small spatula. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool completely and enjoy with a scoop of your favorite nut butter on top.
Because sometimes you just need a muffin. These are delicious on their own and even better with a spoonful of almond butter slathered on top. Please note: these aren’t the prettiest muffins, but they are tasty. It’s what’s inside that counts right? Make ahead tip: Make the batter and keep in the fridge or freezer, then bake whenever you’re ready. You can also keep the baked muffins in the fridge for up to a week or the freezer for months. Makes: 12 muffins