Sweet Potato + Sausage Hash
- 2 sweet potatoes cubed (skin can stay on)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or ghee, melted, divided
- 2 stalks rosemary stems removed, leaves minced
- 1 garlic clove peeled and minced
- 1 tsp sea salt divided
- ½ yellow onion skin removed and diced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 3 organic free-range chicken sausages sliced - we love Aidells brand
- 1 bunch kale center ribs removed and chopped
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450° F. Toss the cubed sweet potatoes, 1 tablespoon of oil or ghee, rosemary, garlic and ½ teaspoon sea salt in a baking sheet until well coated. Place in the oven and cook for 30-40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Time will depend on size and uniformity of cubes, but you want them to be well browned and somewhat soft.
- Place large skillet over medium heat and add remaining oil or ghee to pan. Once hot add onions and celery, saute for about 5 minutes or until onion is translucent. Add sausage and sauté for an additional 5 minutes or until sausage is browned. Add the kale and cover and cook until the kale is slightly soft and the sausage is entirely heated through.
- When the sweet potatoes are finished, combine all ingredients together in a pan or large bowl if you need extra space. Season to taste with pepper and salt, enjoy!
Feeling fancy? Crack an egg in this mixture and scramble or cook to your liking.