- 2 lbs organic chicken thighs boneless, skinless and/or breasts
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp tandoori seasoning* (store bought is fine or homemade blend, see below)
- 1 lime juiced
*Homemade tandoori spice blend:
- 3 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- ½ tbsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tbsp coconut palm sugar
- ½ tbsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp crumbled saffron threads
- 1 dash cayenne for spice
- Season the chicken thighs evenly with salt and paprika and place in 1 large or 2 medium baking dishes (you don’t want to crowd them). In a bowl, combine the coconut milk, tandoori seasoning and lime juice and mix until creamy and well combined (may want whisk to make sure you get out clumps!)
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and gently work it into the pieces with your hands to ensure it’s good and coated. Cover the baking dish and refrigerate for 20 minutes, or up to 8 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 400° F. Remove chicken from the refrigerator and bring to room temp before cooking, or about 30 minutes. Cook for 25-40 minutes or until done. Breasts will take longer to cook than thighs, check by piercing skin and making sure juices run clear.
- We love this over brown, wild or cauliflower rice!
This is another sauce that just explodes with different flavors. The abundant spices in this recipe are a wonderful way to add some immune boosting properties to your meals, not to mention give chicken a fresh new taste. Make ahead tip: Make the marinade in advance and coat chicken the day you’re ready to cook. Leftover chicken can be used in salads for lunch, and keeps well in the fridge for up to 4 days.