Thai Coconut Poached Salmon
- 1 cup coconut cream available next to the coconut milk in grocery stores. If you don't have that, simply chill a can of full-fat coconut milk and skim the top cream part off.
- 1 stalk lemongrass roughly chopped
- ginger 1" piece, peeled and sliced
- 1 lime juiced and zested
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 cups dark leafy greens steamed
- 2 ½ lbs wild salmon
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- sea salt
- cauliflower Rice
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds we love black sesame seeds if you have them!
- In a saucepan, warm the coconut cream, lemongrass, ginger, lime zest, juice, and honey. Cook for 10-15 minutes over a medium heat until fragrant. Strain when done cooking.
- While the sauce is cooking, steam your greens either on the stovetop or in a bowl in the microwave, set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, sauté salmon, about 3 minutes per side. You don’t want to overcook here!
- Layer each plate with cauliflower rice, steamed greens, salmon and a spoonful of the sauce. Garnish with sesame seeds and enjoy hot!
Make ahead tip: Make this dish quick to throw together when you prep the cauliflower rice and steamed greens in advance! The rest shouldn’t take more than 15 minutes.