Thai Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 lb organic ground turkey or chicken
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and minced
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 head green cabbage need 12 large leaves, trimmed and leaves removed
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 red bell peppers seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 large carrots scrubbed and shredded
- 1 bunch green onions trimmed and finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh basil chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint chopped
- Peanut-y dressing see Purees, Dressings & Sauces category
- ½ cup raw cashews chopped
- Heat coconut oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet or sauce pan. When coconut oil is hot add the turkey or chicken and garlic and brown on all sides, cooking until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- While poultry is cooking, in a small bowl, whisk the salt, tamari or coconut aminos, honey and vinegar. Pour over the meat and cook 1 minute. Remove from the heat and set aside and let cool for a few minutes.
- Let the kids assemble their lettuce wraps by filling the cabbage leaves with turkey, peppers, carrots, green onions, basil and mint. Top with a spoonful of the Peanut-y Dressing and a sprinkle of cashews. Enjoy!
Want to take a major shortcut? Buy pre-chopped peppers and carrots! Badabing, badaboom.