Thai Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or ghee
- 1 lb organic ground turkey
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 green cabbage need 12 large leaves, stem removed, leaves separated
- 2 yellow bell peppers thinly sliced
- 2 red bell peppers thinly sliced
- 2 carrots large, scrubbed and shredded
- 1 bunch green onions trimmed and finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- ¼ cup fresh mint chopped
- Spicy Thai dressing (see Spicy Thai Dressing recipe)
- ⅓ cup raw cashews chopped
- Heat coconut oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet or sauce pan. When coconut oil is hot, add the turkey and garlic and brown on all sides, cooking until no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- While turkey is cooking, in a small bowl, whisk the salt, red pepper flakes, tamari or coconut aminos, honey and vinegar. Pour over the meat and cook 1 minute. Remove from the heat, set aside and let cool for a few minutes.
- Assemble the lettuce wraps by filling the cabbage leaves with turkey, peppers, carrots, green onions, cilantro and mint. Top with a spoonful of the Spicy Thai Dressing and a sprinkle of cashews. Enjoy!
Two words: Make these. This is one of the most popular recipes in PN history. They’re satisfying, full of flavor, yet very light to keep you feeling light in your loafers. Kids love these too! Make ahead tip: Make Spicy Thai Dressing and the turkey sauté in advance and reheat on the stove when ready to serve. The turkey mixture will keep well in the fridge for 4 days and in the freezer for months.