The Art of Overnight Oats
Basic overnight oat recipe
- ½ cup gluten-free rolled oats not instant
- ½ cup liquid of choice almond milk, coconut milk, hemp milk, coconut water, or plain water! - ratio is 1:1 - use more liquid if you prefer a thinner consistency
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea salt
Toppings, this is where it gets good!
- raw nuts & seeds
- chia seeds & flax seeds
- frozen fruit
- honey, maple syrup or molasses
- shredded coconut
- pumpkin or sweet potato puree
- nut or seed butter
- cocoa nibs / unsweetened cocoa
- Add all the ingredients to the oats and stir well to combine (it will be very purple if using frozen berries!).
- Let sit overnight in the refrigerator. The next morning heat it briefly in the microwave or on the stovetop if you’d prefer it warm, otherwise enjoy it cold.
Simple, affordable, tasty and nutritious. Let us introduce you to your new best (morning) friend: overnight oats. We’ve turned the old quick and easy cereal on it’s head. Welcome to the easiest and best way to start your day.