- 1 ¼ cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp ground turmeric (or fresh)
- ¼ tsp ground ginger (or fresh)
- 1 stick cinnamon or ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cardamom or 2 cardamom pods, optional
- 2 whole cloves optional
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp honey or pure maple syrup
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Add milk to a small saucepan and whisk in the coconut oil, turmeric, ginger, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves and pepper.
- Bring to a low simmer and cook for 5 minutes (if you used fresh turmeric and ginger, cook for 10 minutes).
- Stir in honey/maple syrup and salt until dissolved. Let cool slightly. Enjoy as is, or if you want to get fancy, use a milk frothier or blend in a high speed blender for 15 seconds to make it a frothy delight!
This is the holy grail of anti-inflammatory recipes. Turmeric has a slightly spicy, bold and earthy flavor...it’s the perfect warming night time beverage. Turmeric has been known for centuries as the ‘healing spice;’ the health benefits are too many to list here. This is best fresh and only takes a moment to whip up! Recipe adapted from & photo by Heartbeet Kitchen