Vanilla Pistachio Porridge
- 1 cup raw buckwheat groats soaked overnight
- 1⁄2 cup non-dairy milk your choice
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp chia seeds or ground flax
- pinch sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1⁄4 cup pistachios shelled (or other nut)
- 1 cup fresh berries your choice
- Drain and rinse the buckwheat groats.
- Place the buckwheat groats in a food processor or high speed blender and pulse until the groats are just broken down. Add the milk, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla, chia/ flax, and sea salt, and process until you get a smooth consistency, about 30 seconds. Pulse in the coconut and pistachios until they are incorporated, but don’t overblend.
- Divide porridge into bowls and top with fresh berries.
Simple and satisfying. Just remember to soak your buckwheat groats beforehand. Make ahead tip: Love this recipe? Double it next time! It will stay good in the fridge for 5 days.