Veggie Heaven Sauce
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bell pepper any color, seeded and diced
- 1 carrot diced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1 yellow onion small, diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 56 oz diced tomatoes drained
- Heat olive oil in saucepan over low-medium heat. Add veggies, garlic and seasonings and saute until soft, about 5 minutes. Then add tomato paste and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the tomatoes, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and puree with an immersion blender, regular blender or food processor. Then return to pan and simmer for another 20 minutes or up to an hour. It will thicken the longer it sits. Perfect to sneak in some extra veggies onto your homemade pizza, gluten-free pasta or as a base for chicken thighs.
This is a good one to play around with. Try switching out the veggies or nuts to make it your own. We love this over grain bowls, but also over roasted veggies, zucchini noodles, spaghetti squash noodles, and seafood. Make ahead tip: Make in advance and store in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for months.