Warm Thai Quinoa Salad
- 2 ½ cups water
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ½ cups quinoa rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup nut or seed butter
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 lime juiced
- 3 cups leafy greens spinach or other, roughly chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- ½ red onion minced
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- ½ cup almonds chopped
- Bring water and salt to a boil in a medium pot. Add the quinoa, reduce to a simmer, and cover. Cook for 11-12 minutes or until quinoa is cooked through and the water has evaporated (if cooked through and a little water remains, drain it).
- Remove the quinoa from the heat and stir in the nut or seed butter, sesame oil and tamari; let sit for five minutes.
- Stir in the lime juice, spinach, peas, red pepper, onion, cilantro and almonds and mix until ingredients are coated. Cover and let sit for another five minutes.
- Taste and adjust salt as needed. Serve warm or at room temperature.
This Thai salad is creamy, nutty and oh so satisfying. Want a little spice? Add some red pepper flakes to take it up a notch. Make ahead tip: This salad lasts for three days in the refrigerator. Make it a day ahead and pack it in your lunch for a delicious, healthy option. Recipe by Heartbeet Kitchen