White Bean + Basil Nicoise Salad
- 1 salmon fillet about 1 1⁄4 pounds, skin on
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 lb green beans fresh, trimmed
- 1 cup white beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 cups arugula
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 organic eggs hard boiled, cut into quarters
- handful basil leaves sliced thin
- 1 lemon quartered
- 10 Kalamata olives pitted, minced
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp anchovy paste
- 3 tbsp red-wine vinegar
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 basil leaves minced
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Season salmon with salt and pepper then place salmon, skin side down, on a baking sheet lined with parchment or in a non- stick oven proof pan. Bake until salmon is cooked through, about 14-18 minutes.
- While salmon is cooking, whisk the dressing ingredients in a bowl (olives, shallot, clove, anchovy paste, vinegar, olive oil, and basil leaves).
- Fill a medium saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Add green beans and cook, uncovered, until crisp-tender, 3-4 minutes. Drain and transfer to an ice bath to stop cooking.
- Toss green beans, white beans, cherry tomatoes, arugula and spinach with dressing to coat well. Divide the salad among plates then add equal portion of salmon (keep the skin on or leave off - your choice) and the eggs. Sprinkle with basil, add lemon wedges, and drizzle dressing on top.
Nicoise salad - one of those items you always order out but never seem to make at home, amiright? Well this one's easy! You can make the salmon and dressing in advance for easy weekday lunches or dinners. Plus, it's packed with protein and omega-3's!