White Bean Edamame Dip
- 15 oz white beans (cannellini), rinsed and drained
- ½ cup frozen edamame shelled
- 1 small avocado shelled
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and cut in half
- ¾ cup cilantro leaves lightly packed
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 lime juiced
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup warm water + more as needed
- Blanch the edamame in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and let cool slightly.
- Add beans, edamame, avocado and garlic to a food processor. Process for 20 seconds. Add cilantro, salt, cumin, and lime juice and turn the processor back on.
- Slowly drizzle in the olive oil, followed by the water. Blend at least one minute or until completely smooth. Adjust the salt and cumin as needed.
- Add a little more water if you want a thinner consistency.
This protein-packed dip is a great way to sneak in veggies and herbs. Serve with crackers or as a "mash" under fish or meat. Make ahead tip: This stores well in an airtight container and will last for 4 days.