Zucchini + Sweet Potato Latkes
- 1 cup zucchini shredded
- 1 cup sweet potato shredded
- 1 organic egg beaten
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- sea salt to taste
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Ensure as much water as possible has been squeezed out of the zucchini and sweet potato. This is done best in a kitchen towel or multiple paper towels. Place the zucchini and sweet potato shreds in a large bowl with the beaten egg and stir until well coated.
- Add the coconut flour and spices into the zucchini and sweet potato mixture, stir until combined.
- In a medium skillet heat the ghee/ coconut oil and olive oil. Spoon the mixture into four equal portions into the pan, pressing down with a fork until a ½ inch thick cake is formed.
- Cook on medium heat until golden and crisp, then flip carefully and cook the other side. Remove to a plate lined with paper towels to drain. Season with an additional sprinkle of sea salt. These are best when hot!
Make ahead tip: You can make the batter in advance and keep in the fridge for 1-2 days but be sure to enjoy them fresh off the skillet!