Summer salads don’t have to be limited to bowls of lettuce. In fact, this super simple Chipotle Chicken Salad is the perfect side or main dish for your next summer picnic! Pair with chips or serve alongside other dishes at your next BBQ for a healthy crowd pleaser.
Chipotle Chicken Salad
- 3 chicken breasts poached and shredded*
- 2 cups fresh spinach torn into small pieces
- 1 cup corn (frozen + thawed works here)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes sliced in half
- ½ cup red onion small diced
- ½ cup fresh parsley chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 cup mayonnaise (non-dairy for P20)
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- Blend the ingredients for the mayo until smooth and incorporated, then set aside.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium, and “toast” the corn until golden on all sides, about 5 minutes. Then, place all the ingredients for the chicken salad in a large bowl. Give it a good stir, then add the mayo and stir until everything is coated.
- Serve this cold with a side of chips or as an appetizer.
Sustainability + Food: Where to Shop This Summer
It’s important to make food choices that support our health and that of the planet. Here are some tips to become a more environmentally conscious shopper!Read More
Berry Cream Bars
These red, white, and blue Berry Cream Bars are the perfect PN-friendly way to celebrate the 4th of July. Serve chilled for a refreshing summer treat!Read More
PN’s Favorite Summer Mocktails + Cocktails
Sometimes nothing beats a cold, refreshing cocktail on a hot summer day. Check out our favorite healthy cocktails and mocktails for guilt-free refreshment!Read More