When we think of certain meals, we can’t help but think hellooooo weekend!
Case in point – crêpes … amiright?! We’re here to say treating yourself to a “weekend” breakfast on a weekday is just what the soul needs from time to time, though.
So here’s one our favorite crêpe recipes that takes nearly no time at all to whip up. Here’s to making breakfast (or any meal) FUN!
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 3 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 large banana
- 2/3 cup of vanilla almond milk (add more as needed to thin batter out)
- 2 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon local honey (sugar free, stevia to taste)
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla
- Dash of cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- Coconut oil for the pan
- Add all wet ingredients (egg whites, egg, banana, almond milk, honey, coconut oil, and vanilla) in a large mixing bowl. Beat until all ingredients are mixed together. (Alternatively, you can add wet ingredients into your Vitamix and blend together.)
- Combine dry ingredients (coconut flour, ground flax, cinnamon, and sea salt) in a separate large bowl.
- Pour the wet ingredient mixture into the bowl with your dry ingredients.
- Stir until well combined.
- Grease a large skillet with coconut oil and place over medium heat.
- Pour about 1/4-1/2 cup of the crêpe batter onto the skillet. You can adjust this amount depending on how large or small you want your crêpes.
- Cook until you see small bubbles escaping to the top of your crêpe.
- Flip and finish cooking until both sides are golden brown and fluffy. Note: these are very delicate so flip carefully!
- Top with fruit or your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Coffee Creamer: Upgraded
Try these better-for-you coffee creamers for all of the creamy deliciousness of your old favorite creamer without any of the junk.Read More
Slow Cooker Recipes
To spread our love of slow cooker meals, we’ve pulled together some of our favorite recipes (and even added our very own for you to try!).Read More
Breathe a Little
Research has shown that deep breathing (belly breathing) can have a number of health benefits. Here are some short, simple techniques to try today!Read More