We’re mildly obsessed with slow cookers over here at PN. Especially in the winter time. Put a handful of ingredients in a crock pot before work and come home to a delicious hot meal? That’s basically magic.
To spread our love of slow cooker meals, we’ve pulled together some of our favorite recipes (and even added our very own at the end!). We’re pretty sure they’ll change your life.
Maple Cinnamon Crockpot Steel Cut Oats by Fit Foodie Finds
Betcha didn’t think to use your slow cooker for breakfast, did ya? We love to wake up to these warm oats on a chilly morning but you can also store the leftovers to make overnight oats! This recipe serves as the perfect “base” – feel free to get crafty with the toppings (we love adding sliced banana and nut butter).
Sweet Potato Basil Soup by Paleo OMG
Try to find a simpler recipe than this. We dare you. With just six ingredients (all pantry staples – sweet potatoes, onion, coconut milk, veg broth, garlic, basil, and S&P) this creamy slow cooker soup is sure to be your new fave.
Marrakech Chicken Stew With Preserved Lemons & Olives by Art of the Slow Cooker
The flavors, herbs, and spices in this meal are out of this world. It’s a perfect meal to make for guests – it’ll knock their socks off!
Herbed Chicken by Epicurious
Did you know you can cook a whole chicken in a slow cooker? You can! And it’s a meal prep hack we love to share. You won’t get a crispy skin but you will have PERFECTLY moist chicken you can use for meals throughout the week. You’re welcome 🙂
Chicken Pad Thai With Veggie Noodles by Paleo Pot
This one requires slightly more effort but it’s got that delicious pad thai flavor and it’s incredibly healthy… #worthit.
Slow Cooker Lemongrass & Coconut Chicken
- 2 pounds organic boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1“ pieces
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- 1 thick stalk fresh lemongrass, papery outer skins and rough bottom removed
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger (about 2 inch knob)
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon five spice powder
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place the chicken and the chopped onion into the slow cooker.
- Blend the lemongrass, garlic, ginger, coconut milk, fish sauce, tamari or coconut aminos, and five spice powder into a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and onion and set the slow cooker on low, cooking for about 4-5 hours.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve!