This salmon is just how we like it – flaky, gingery and yummy! For easy clean-up and that summer feeling, try grilling the salmon instead of baking it. If you choose to use the grill, keep the red bell pepper whole and slice just before serving. We love this recipe over cauli rice – mmmm!
Ginger Scallion Salmon
- 1 1/2 lbs salmon fillets
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup tamari or coconut aminos
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2″ knob ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded and sliced thin
- Season salmon fillets with pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine tamari or coconut aminos, scallions, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, garlic and ginger.
- Place the fish in a baking dish and place the bell pepper slices around it. Pour the ginger mixture over the fish and bell peppers, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes – 1 hour.
- When you’re ready to cook, preheat oven to 450°F and bake for 15 minutes, or until salmon flakes easily with a fork. Alternatively, you can do this on a grill over medium heat, cooking the salmon 5-6 minutes on each side (it will depend on thickness). Char whole bell pepper then slice thin when ready to serve.
5 Tips for Eating Healthy on a Budget
Eating healthy doesn’t have to break the bank. Follow these 5 tips for eating healthy on a budget!Read More
Strawberry Breakfast Cookies
Cookies for breakfast?? Feel like a kid again with these Strawberry Breakfast Cookies! Pair with peanut butter or almond butter for the perfect grab-and-go breakfast. They’re also great as a pre-workout or mid-morning snack!Read More
Immune-Supporting Recipe From a TCM Practitioner
TCM is the OG when it comes to boosting your immune system naturally through food and herbs. We’re turning to licensed acupuncturist and TCM practitioner Jalashree Pradhan to give us her favorite immune-boosting recipe you can make at home.Read More