Avocado Mint Pesto “Pasta”
- 2 avocados ripe, pitted
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- 1⁄3 cup pistachios shelled
- 1⁄2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1⁄2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast
- Blend all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender until you get a smooth texture.
- Spoon the desired amount on your noodles of choice and toss well to coat. If you want, sprinkle with some extra pistachios for garnish. Mangia!
We absolutely love the fresh flavor mint gives to this creamy pesto. It’s delicious over any type of noodle (we love it over Zoodles) and doubles as a delicious dip for fresh veggies! Make ahead tip: Make the pesto 1 day in advance but drizzle olive oil on top to keep the fresh green look (pesto can turn brown when not covered in oil).