- 1 banana medium ripe
- ⅛ tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 organic eggs
- ghee or coconut oil for pan
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- cocoa powder
- maple syrup
- chopped nuts
- cocoa nibs
- rolled oats
- banana slices
- Put oven on lowest heat setting.
- In a medium bowl mash the banana using a fork. You’ll want to get this to a pudding-like consistency so no large lumps remain.
- Add in the baking powder and salt and whisk. If adding vanilla, honey, cocoa powder, etc., add in now. Save chunkier add-ins for later.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs together until completely combined. Add the eggs to the banana and whisk until the eggs are completely combined (the batter will be liquidy).
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat: Add ~ 1 tbsp ghee or coconut oil.
- Once hot, add about 2 tbsp of batter onto the skillet. Sprinkle in any nuts, cocoa nibs, fruit, etc.
- Cook the pancakes until the bottoms look browned and golden when you lift a corner. Flip when the edges are set but the center is still a bit loose.
- Cook the other side for another 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked pancakes to a serving plate and keep warm in the oven while you finish the rest.
- Serve with Raspberry Chia Jam, maple syrup, honey, fruit or any other (PN-approved) toppings you’d like.
Makes: 8 Pancakes