Broccoli + Pesto Quinoa
- 3 cups quinoa cooked (approximately 1 cup uncooked)
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups broccoli raw, cut into florets
- 1⁄2 tsp sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup broccoli pesto (see Broccoli Pesto recipe)
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds toasted
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1⁄4 cup basil leaves packed, chopped
- 1 lemon zested
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 avocado pitted and diced
- Cook or reheat pre-cooked quinoa, set aside.
- Bring 1 cup of water to a simmer in a large pot. Add the broccoli and salt, and cover. Cook for just 1-2 minutes, so it’s bright green, then transfer to strainer and run under cold water. Set aside and let drain.
- Toss the quinoa with the broccoli pesto and the broccoli florets until well coated, then gently stir in the slivered almonds, tomatoes, basil, lemon zest and red pepper flakes.
Make ahead tip: Make the quinoa and Broccoli Pesto in advance to throw together in a snap! The cooked dish will keep well covered in the fridge for 4-5 days.