Brown Rice, Chia Seed, and Fig Porridge
- 1 ½ cups brown rice cooked
- 1 ½ cups non-dairy milk your choice
- ½ cup dried figs stems removed, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 2 tbsp hazelnuts toasted and chopped (or your favorite nut)
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- honey drizzle or pure maple syrup
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, warm the brown rice with about ½ of the milk and figs.
- While it’s cooking, soak the chia seeds in the remaining milk for 10 minutes.
- Once the rice is hot, remove it from the heat.
- Fold together the brown rice and the chia seeds, then mix in the chopped hazelnuts and the figs.
- Stir in the cinnamon and drizzle with honey or maple syrup. Enjoy!
Make ahead tip: You can make this and store in the fridge for a satisfying breakfast on the go! Or keep in freezer and thaw at your convenience. Enjoy cold or reheated on the stove or microwave.