- 5 lbs organic chicken
- 7 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup prunes pitted
- 10 Spanish green olives pitted, cut large olives in half
- ¼ cup capers with a bit of juice
- 3 bay leaves
- ⅓ cup white wine
- 2 tbsp fresh Italian parsley finely chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic, oregano, salt and pepper to taste, vinegar, olive oil, prunes, olives, capers with caper juice, and bay leaves.
- Add the chicken pieces and coat completely with the marinade. Cover and marinate, refrigerated, several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Arrange chicken in a single layer in one or two large, shallow baking pans and spoon marinade over it evenly. Pour white wine around them.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, basting frequently with the pan juices. Chicken is done when thigh pieces, pricked with a fork at their thickest point, yield clear yellow juice (not pink).
- With a slotted spoon, transfer chicken, prunes, olives, and capers to a serving platter over your side of choice. We love this served with Creamy Garlic Faux-Tatoes or brown rice. Add some of the pan juices and sprinkle with parsley.
Chicken Marbella is an incredible mix of unexpected ingredients that delivers a sweet, savory, and ultimately satisfying meal. You’ll want to serve this over grains or cauliflower rice to make the most out of the delicious sauce. Make ahead tip: Leftovers do well in the fridge for up to 4 days, or in the freezer for months.