Chipotle Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 4 sweet potatoes scrubbed and dried
- 1 cup black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepepr
- ½ red onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- ½ cup corn kernels
- 1 jalapeno seeded and diced
- 3 radishes stemmed and thinly sliced
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 avocado diced
- ½ cup cilantro leaves chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- chipotle sauce (see Chipotle Sauce recipe)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking dish with parchment paper. Pierce a the sweet potatoes with a fork or paring knife. Place them in baking dish and roast for 35 to 45 minutes, or until the skin is getting crispy and the potatoes ooze a bit.
- While the potatoes are roasting, add the black beans to a large bowl, drizzle with olive oil, and mix well to coat. Add the cumin, salt, and pepper and stir again until the beans are well seasoned. Add the onion, garlic, corn, black beans, jalapeno, radish, arugula, avocado, cilantro and lime juice. Taste and adjust as needed - you may want more lime juice or salt.
- When the potatoes are done, slice them open vertically. Stuff each potato with the bean mixture and a spoonful of the chipotle sauce.
Think sweet potatoes are boring? Think again. These are a full meal that will leave you satisfied...and excited you have that chipotle sauce on hand. These are best fresh and piping hot out of the oven!