Cookie Dough Balls
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 2 tbsp almond butter (or other favorite nut/ seed butter)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- Line a plate or tray with parchment paper.
- In a high speed blender or food processor, blend the oats until you have a fine oat flour. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted coconut oil, almond butter, maple syrup and vanilla and beat with a hand mixer until completely smooth. Add the almond flour, oat flour and salt and beat again. Fold in the cacao nibs.
- Roll the dough into small bites, a bit smaller than a ping pong ball. Place them on the plate with parchment and freeze for 15 minutes before enjoying. Store them in the freezer.
Cookie dough balls. Need we say more? The cacao nibs give them a dark chocolate-y flavor and crunch. We adapted this recipe from the Oh She Glows cookbook.