Farmer’s Market Dip Platter
- 12 carrots peeled with ends trimmed and sliced in half
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 cucumber sliced
- 1 bunch green beans fresh, blanched in boiling water for 2 minutes
- ½ head purple cabbage leaves separated
- 1 cup radishes
- drizzle extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup Herbed Hummus (recipe below)
- ½ cup fresh Italian parsley
- ½ cup cilantro
- ½ cup basil
- 1 can garbanzo beans or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 tbsp tahini
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt to taste
- Add the herbs into a food processor or high-speed blender and blend until minced.
- Add in everything else except for the olive oil and salt and blend until smooth, at least 1 full minute. While the processor is running, slowly add in the olive oil, this will help make it extra creamy.
- Taste it and add salt as needed, blending after to incorporate.
- Prep and clean all the vegetables and arrange on a platter.
- Scoop hummus into a smaller bowl in the center of the platter and give it a drizzle of olive oil and freshly cracked pepper.
Looking for a beautiful (yet crazy simple) appetizer for a gathering? This is it. Everyone can find a veggie they like on this platter but let's be real...the Herbed Hummus is the star of the show.