Fresh Thai Chicken Wraps
- 2 cups organic broth (chicken or vegetable, enough to cover chicken in pan)
- 1 inch ginger roughly chopped
- 2 organic chicken breasts or 4 boneless and skinless thighs
- Tangy Thai Dressing (see Tangy Thai Dressing recipe)
- 8 pieces bibb lettuce
- 1 head kale
- 2 carrots
- 1 cucumber peeled
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 lime quartered
- hot sauce (optional)
- Fill a shallow sauce pan with 1 cup broth and ginger. Add the chicken breasts or thighs in and gently boil for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, prep the tangy thai dressing.
- Once chicken is poached through, cool, and pull apart into strips using two two forks.
- Prep all the veggies: separate bib lettuce leaves. Use a food processor to pulse/ chop the kale. Remove from the processor and set aside. Wipe down processor. (You can also mince the kale by hand.)
- Using the shredder attachment on the food processor, shred the carrots, set aside. Wipe down processor (alternatively you can do this with a cheese grater/ shredder). Repeat with the cucumber.
- In a large bowl mix together the shredded chicken, the kale, and the Tangy Thai Dressing until everything is well coated.
- Take each large lettuce cup leaf and stuff with the chicken/ kale mixture. Top with the carrots, cucumbers, cilantro, a squeeze of lime, and hot sauce.
Make ahead tip: All aspects of this recipe can be made in advance! Poach and shred the chicken, make a batch of the salad dressing and shred the veggies during your weekly kitchen prep - and viola, you’ve got dinner ready to throw together in a few minutes!