Garlic Green Beans
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 red onions small, diced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans de-stemmed and cut into 2" pieces
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 lemon juiced + zest
- 1⁄4 tsp red pepper flakes optional
- sea salt to taste
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a large skillet or saucepan, add olive oil and onion over medium heat. Saute for about 4-5 minutes, then add the garlic and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the green beans and the water and cook over medium heat, stirring every 5 minutes for 15-20 minutes, or until the beans are tender.
- Season with lemon juice, zest, red pepper flakes, sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
Garlic and green beans go together like PB & J. Green beans are one of the densest sources of Vitamin K, which is crucial for both heart health and healthy bones. This side dish is quick, easy and packed with flavor.