Ginger Scallion Salmon
- 1 1⁄2 lbs salmon fillets
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3⁄4 cup tamari or coconut aminos
- 3 scallions thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 lemons juice of
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 inch ginger peeled and minced
- 1 red bell pepper stemmed, seeded and sliced thin
- cauliflower rice (optional, see Basic Cauliflower Rice recipe)
- Season salmon fillets with pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine tamari or coconut aminos, scallions, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, garlic and ginger.
- Place the fish in a baking dish and place the bell pepper slices around it. Pour the ginger mixture over the fish and bell peppers, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes - 1 hour.
- When you're ready to cook, preheat oven to 450°F and bake for 15 minutes, or until salmon flakes easily with a fork. Alternatively, you can do this on a grill over medium heat, cooking the salmon 5-6 minutes on each side (it will depend on thickness). Char whole bell pepper then slice thin when ready to serve.
We love this over cauliflower rice - you can find that recipe here!