Italian Chopped Salad
- 4 cooked beets diced (pre-cooked are fine to use)
- 4 cups mixed baby greens
- 1 head romaine chopped into ribbons
- 4 organic eggs hard-boiled, quartered
- 4 pieces chicken thinly sliced (see Go-To Chicken recipe)
- 1 bunch basil leaves sliced thinly
- ½ cup pitted green olives halved
- ½ cup artichoke hearts diced
- 2 tomatoes diced
- Creamy Dijon Dressing (see Creamy Dijon Dressing recipe)
- If you're cooking your own beets, do that in advance. Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove the tops and the roots of the beets and peel each one with a vegetable peeler. Cut the beets in 1 ½ inch chunks, then toss the beets in a bit of olive oil. Roast in the oven until the beets are tender, 30-35 minutes. Let them cool to room temperature.
- Place all salad ingredients in a large bowl with enough room for tossing.
- Drizzle about ¼ cup of the creamy mustard dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
Ok so we’re skipping the cheese and salami but this salad will make you feel amazing. Beets and artichokes are both powerful detoxifiers and great for your liver. Make ahead tip: Keep hard-boiled eggs on hand and make the beets, dressing and chicken in advance to pull this meal together in a snap.