Kale Avocado Salad
- 2 cups kale center ribs removed, cut into thinly sliced ribbons
- 1 lemon juiced
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 avocados peeled and pitted
- ¼ cup pine nuts toasted
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- Place the first 4 ingredients in a bowl and using your hands, massage the lemon and oil into the kale until well coated. This helps the kale slightly wilt which makes it much more palatable.
- Add the avocados and massage that into the salad as well until everything is well coated with chunks of avocado. This is fun to get the kids involved!
- Add pine nuts and nutritional yeast, toss well with spoons or hands. Serve and enjoy!
This recipe might look a little green (which often equals scary!) but we promise it's packed with flavor. Mix in a protein of choice and you've got a complete meal. We love canned tuna or our Go-To Chicken with this salad.