Oatmeal Blueberry Pancakes
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- ¾ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ¾ cup oat flour
- 4 organic egg whites
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tbsp pecans or walnuts, chopped
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil
- Raspberry Chia Jam (see Raspberry Chia Jam recipe), optional
- Heat milk in small saucepan over medium heat until hot.
- Stir in the oats and oat flour and remove from heat. (Depending on how long you let the oats sit, you may need to add a little extra water to the batter to thin it out. It will still be thicker than regular pancake batter.)
- Beat egg whites into a stiff foam with hand mixer or blender and reserve.
- In a large bowl, stir the remaining ingredients except the coconut oil together. Stir in oatmeal/ milk mixture. Gently fold in egg whites until mixture is well blended.
- In a large skillet add 1 tbsp of coconut oil until melted, then cook pancakes until browned on both sides. Add coconut oil as needed with following pancakes. Top with some raspberry chia jam or any other topping!
Make ahead tip: You can make the batter and store in the fridge for a weekend style breakfast during the week! Stores in the fridge for two days. Recipe courtesy of PN member Cynthia!