- 4 eggs
- ½ cup almond butter or sunflower butter
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup almond , coconut or hemp milk
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil + extra for pan
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Place the first 7 (wet ingredients) in a large bowl and beat on medium speed using an electric mixer until well combined.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients to the bowl. Using a wooden spoon mix until combined, making sure there are no lumps but not over mixing.
- Let the batter sit while you heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add a spoonful of coconut oil to coat, and wait until oil is heated through.
- Mix the batter once again and pour ¼ cup for each pancake (for larger pancakes) onto the pan. Wait for the edges to start to lift, about 30-45 seconds, then gently flip.
- Continue cooking for 30 seconds, until cooked through and browned on both sides.
- Top pancakes with Grade B maple syrup, fresh fruit, nuts or seeds or even coconut whipped cream.
A fan favorite in the fall but if we're being honest, anytime of the year. Enjoy this tasty breakfast (or snack)!