½ cup almond butter or sunflower butter
½ cup pumpkin puree
¼ cup maple syrup
¼ cup almond, coconut or hemp milk
2 tablespoons melted coconut oil + extra for pan
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ cup coconut flour
¾ teaspoon baking soda
1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1. Place the first 7 (wet ingredients) in a large bowl and beat on medium speed using an electric mixer until well combined.
2. Add the remaining dry ingredients to the bowl. Using a wooden spoon mix until combined, making sure there are no lumps but not over mixing.
3. Let the batter sit while you heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add a spoonful of coconut oil to coat, and wait until oil is heated through.
4. Mix the batter once again and pour ¼ cup for each pancake (for larger pancakes) onto the pan. Wait for the edges to start to lift, about 30-45 seconds, then gently flip.
5. Continue cooking for 30 seconds, until cooked through and browned on both sides.
6. Top pancakes with Grade B maple syrup, fresh fruit, nuts or seeds or even coconut whipped cream (see pg 91) for a special treat.
Recipe by: Against All Grain
A fan favorite in the fall but if we're being honest, anytime of the year. Enjoy this tasty breakfast (or snack)!