Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- 1 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 cup cashew butter or almond butter
- ½ cup pumpkin puree canned or fresh
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp cloves
- dried cranberries (look for unsweetened) or dried figs, stemmed and chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease 2 baking sheets with a coconut oil.
- Mix nut butter, pumpkin puree and maple syrup together until well combined. In a separate bowl whisk together the dry ingredients. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until combined, fold in dried fruit.
- Scoop by tablespoonfuls onto the baking sheets and bake for 12-15 minutes or until centers are set. Cool for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Just because you’re doing a nutrition program doesn’t mean you have to empty the cookie jar, but be sure to fill it with some nutrient dense goodies. These hit the spot and go perfectly with a cup of tea. Make ahead tip: These last well covered. Keep in the freezer for up to 1 month. Makes 16 cookies