Quinoa + Apple Porridge
- 1 ½ cups quinoa
- ¼ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 3 cups non-dairy milk + additional as needed
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 apple cored and chopped or grated
- 1 tbsp almond butter or other nut butter
- 2 tsp honey or pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp nuts or seeds of your choice, optional
- 2 fresh figs sliced, optional
- Rinse quinoa in a mesh colander. Add to a saucepan with the oats, milk, cinnamon, and chopped apple over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then cover with a lid, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes. Quinoa is finished when it is soft and creamy.
- Pour into bowls and add more milk if needed. Top with almond butter, honey, nuts or seeds of your choice and sliced figs! Enjoy warm.
An ideal breakfast for a cozy winter morning and great for keeping your blood sugar levels stable throughout the day. Make ahead tip: Use leftover quinoa from the evening before and throw together in a snap!