Single Skillet Dinner
- 2 heads dino kale , de-stemmed, torn into bite-sized pieces, and rinsed in water
- 1 can cannelinni beans or chickpeas, drained and rinsed very well
- 1 purple onion sliced
- 1 avocado sliced or diced
- 1 handful fresh parsley rough chop
- 2-3 garlic cloves roughly minced
- pumpkin seeds or your seeds or nuts of choice! Toasted pinenuts are another personal fave
- olive oil
- sea salt & pepper
- leftover quinoa
- your favorite grain
- additional roasted veggies
- In a skillet over medium heat, at a light coat of olive oil and saute onion, about 10-12 minutes, until they are really caramelized. This is the base of the whole dish, so giving it time to cook down will be well worth it! Add garlic and saute until fragrant, 2 mins.
- Next, add kale — it’s okay and actually preferred if it’s still a little wet! Toss it into the skillet and it will quickly sizzle and cook down.
- Next, add in the beans, avocado, nuts, seeds & parsley. If you have additional leftover add-ins, just fold them in.
- Take the skillet off the heat, serve up, savor and enjoy!
When I was first figuring out how to cook healthy, satisfying meals, this was one of the first dishes I learned. To this day, it remains a staple, especially in the colder months. This dish comes together in about 10 minutes, and is totally swappable for your fave ingredients. This definitely makes plenty to serve 2 people, but also keeps amazing as leftovers.