Slow Cooker Ginger Turmeric Chicken Broth
- 1 yellow onion, largely chopped
- 1 chicken carcass (leftover rotisserie chicken works great)
- 2 carrots, largely chopped
- 3 celery stalks, largely chopped
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger root, minced
- 6-8 cups water
- 1 tsp peppercorn
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Combine all ingredients (chicken carcass, carrots, celery, vinegar, turmeric, bay leaf, garlic, sea salt, peppercorn & ginger) in a slow cooker. Add enough water to cover bones and vegetables in the pot. Close and cook for 10-12 hours on low.
- Let cool slightly and strain using a fine metal strainer to remove all the bits of bones and vegetables. Add more salt/pepper to taste.
If planning to freeze, make sure to only fill each glass container 3/4 full as it will expand when frozen. Enjoy! Serves: 6