Sun-Dried Tomato Frittata
- 8 organic eggs
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- ½ tsp sea salt or to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 4 cups spinach or other dark leafy green
- ¼ cup scallions sliced thin (about 1 small bunch)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh basil sliced thin + extra for garnish
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes packed in oil and drained or dried and soaked in water
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 450° F.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, nutritional yeast, milk, salt, pepper and garlic.
- In a medium skillet, sauté the spinach and scallions in olive oil over medium-low heat until spinach is mostly wilted.
- Pour the egg mixture into your skillet with the spinach. Gently stir in the basil, paprika, sun dried tomatoes and red pepper flakes.
- Bake in the oven until it puffs up and becomes golden brown. 25-30 minutes or until the eggs are set. Remove from the heat and let sit for 5 minutes before serving. Top with basil garnish and serve.
Fresh basil, sun dried tomatoes, garlic... kinda feels like you’re in Italy, doesn’t it? Well, almost. The smoked paprika (one of our favorite spices) delivers a major hit of flavor. Make ahead tip: This stores beautifully in the fridge so make ahead and enjoy cold, room temp or reheat in the microwave or skillet for a warm meal.