- 6 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup Sunbutter (sunflower seed butter)
- ½ cup coconut palm sugar
- 6 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 4 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 cup dried figs stemmed and chopped, or other favorite dried fruit
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Cook oil and sunbutter over low heat until it is melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and add coconut palm sugar.
- Add the oats and stir well until oats are coated. Add flax seeds and dried fruit and mix again. Spread onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes stirring at least once. Make sure not to overcook - granola will crisp as it cools.
- Serve with your choice of milk, fresh berries, sliced banana, chia seeds, shredded coconut, raw nuts/seeds, or whatever your favorite toppings may be.
Granola without nuts is hard to find. Sunbutter granola to the rescue!