The Art of the Egg Muffin
Basic egg muffin recipe
- 12 organic eggs
- coconut oil ghee or olive oil to grease the pan
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ground pepper to taste
- 1 cup chopped vegetables
- fresh herbs
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Lightly grease a muffin tin with coconut oil, olive oil or ghee.
- Chop your veggies and herbs of choice. Whisk the eggs vigorously in a large bowl.
- Stir in the salt, pepper, veggies and herbs. (If you’re making a few different flavors, you’ll need to divide the eggs into different bowls for each flavor).
- Pour the egg mixture into muffin tins and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the eggs are cooked through.
Protein on the go just got a lot easier. Egg muffins are not only perfect for breakfast, but great to keep on hand for both snacks and throwing on a salad. Consider them your clever little protein bombs. Makes: 12 muffins