Trader Joe’s Lentil Bowl
- 1 box lentils (pre-cooked) (found at Trader Joe's or other health foods store)
- 2 bags brown rice (frozen) pre-cooked, found at Trader Joe's or other health foods store
- extra virgin olive oil or ghee
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- eggs optional
- avocado optional
- Heat up the lentils as directed on the package.
- Add a desired amount of rice and lentils to a bowl (we like to keep the ratio around 1:1)
- Add olive oil, salt and pepper to the bowl and voila!
- Want to take it up a notch? Fry up an egg and add to the bowl, and some avocado for some extra protein and healthy fats.
This meal is surprisingly filling! The pre-seasoned flavors of the lentils plus the oil make for a simple, savory meal.